Sticky Drums of Heaven!




Everything is stereotyped. Everyone is judged. Everyone is treated differently if they don’t fit the stereotype…the so called social norm.
I am not a feminist. No. I am not one of those women who try to tell you or prove to you that women are a superior race. Or who go about shouting slogans and burning bras to prove their point. I am not much of a rebel either(not now at least). Heck no.
But I do fight against injustice if I happen to see it. I am vocal and opinionated. I don’t judge people coz I have been judged (only by people who don’t have a clue about you) and I know how much truth there is to it.I don’t gossip.Never have .Never will.And I don’t like being stereotyped. Or  stereotyping others.
My husband had a chick friend in college..a smart girl who broke the norms and rode his Enfield on a trip of over 200 kms!! I have a cousin sis, who has ridden a Bullet and worn button down guys’ shirts for as long as I can remember. I have a guy friend who loves to shop and chat about clothes, movies and sensitive stuff with me..And he is not GAY. And my daughter today is definitely more interested in climbing gates and jumping stairs than playing with dolls (although she is totally enamored by nail paints…a girlie girl in some ways). 
I am quite simple..didn’t rebel much..Really fit the stereotype of a girly girl..long hair..decent  clothes, no tattooes(although I am dying to get one),never even worn dark nail paints!! But hell if I subject my baby to be the same as me..I believe in the beauty of being “different”…even if its in small ways..thats what makes us interesting … I think whats interesting about me is the fact that I am passionate..about anything and everything that I do..You will never see me do anything half heartedly…and I am genuine. I call a spade, a spade. And I am a loyal friend. That’s me. May be that’s what P found interesting about me ;)
 
Here’s a handy dandy about women.. and You (men) need to know it. By heart.


And this is a dish I made to break the so called stereotype thinking that women prefer kebabs and tikkas to robust,messy and gloriously sticky Drums of Heaven!!

I mean come on….

Look at these beauties, and tell me you’ld prefer a flat piece of simple tikka to the drama of eating this deliciousness ,especially on a rainy weekend??? 
I Think NOT.
Ah…. You cant, can you??
Neither could I… Lets get messy ladies… 

Just like “a messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, a messy plate is a happy palate”… (doesn’t rhyme and all..but come on, you get my drift, dontcha??) ;)


Here’s how you make this Perfect Weekend Prime Time Snack…and you Must!!!

Ingredients:
Marinade for the chicken:
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 Tsp
Red chilly paste – 1 tsp
Salt – acc to taste
Soya sauce – 1 Tsp
Pepper – to taste.
1/2 kg Chicken wings (6 pieces)

For the batter (for deep frying the chicken pieces) :
Maida (All Purpose Flour)- 2-3 Tbsp
Cornflour - 1-2 Tbsp
Red Chilly paste- 1 Tsp
Egg- 1
Salt as needed.
Water – to mix.

For the Sauce:
Garlic Cloves chopped finely- 4-5
Small piece of ginger grated finely
Small Onion - 1
Green chilies -3-4
Scallions (Spring Onion)- 2-3 stalks.
Tomato sauce- 2 tbsp
Red Chilie Paste – 1Tsp
Soya sauce - 1 tsp.
Sugar -1 tsp
Kashmiri Mirch Powder (Optional)- 1 tsp
Red food coloring – 1 drop (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
Oil for frying.

Method:


I go to my regular butcher and get the lollipops cut …
Clean the pieces well.
Make the marinade by mixing well all the ingredients listed under the marinade..Coat the chicken pieces well with the marinade..Keep aside for 1 hour preferably in the refrigerator.

Next make the batter for the deep frying of the chicken pieces..
Mix Maida(All Purpose Flour), Cornflour, egg, salt, 1 tsp red chilly paste with some water if required. Whisk thoroughly to make a thick batter of pouring consistency. Rest the batter for fifteen to twenty minutes.
Dip the marinated wings in the batter so that it coats well and deep-fry for 7-8 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently or until crisp and golden brown.


Make the sauce..(alter quantites to suit your taste):
Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, add the chopped garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
Add the onion and green chillies and stir-fry for another minute.
Add 1 tsp.red chilly paste, 1 tspn soya sauce, tomato sauce, and stir fry for another minute.
Add salt, Kashmiri Mirch,sugar and little water to get a sauce like consistency.
Toss fried wings in the sauce and sprinkle spring onion.

Switch on your TV to some major primetime viewing,sit back, forget your girlie ways …and simply dig in…
As for the men, another reason for you to be thankful for us ;)
A totally messy, but satiated (Burppp)
S :)
  http://thenovicegardener.wordpress.com/fiesta-friday/



Labels: , , , , , ,