Chicken Tikka


 So a couple of good things happened to your dear S... If you recall in my last post I was sharing with y'all the festival called Karwachauth.. and the delicious sinful seductive dessert I made for my darling P...
After a really tough day of fasting with no water and coffee (God...it felt like the end of the world I tell ya), we offered our prayers to a gorgeous brilliant full moon and finally sat down to a rather sumptuous dinner...
It was a perfect ending to a beautiful day...

And just today, I got the news that some of my humble festive recipes were published in a website thats hugely popular in India..www.rediff.com... It is a small step, but hey, I always believe its important to take steps..not worry about the destination! And lets face it, I am no pro. I am not a chef. I am not old at this.
I am a simple home cook. I am a banker. I am very very new to this...the whole shebang of blogging..the photography, the writing..the cooking...and blogging!! Still trying to get the hang of it, network and interact...
Somedays I fail miserably on account of no time..other days I feel I am failing miserably coz I dont know how to connect better..But atleast I have a few friends who like my blog, and always had faith in me..


Check out the links
http://www.rediff.com/getahead/report/food-festive-recipe-how-to-make-ras-malai/20141002.htm
http://www.rediff.com/getahead/report/food-recipe-how-to-make-kashmiri-dum-aloo/20141008.htm

So all in all, 2 good things that made this Sunday, a rather happy clappy one!
And what do I do when I am happy??
I cook... and click!!! :P


And if its celebration, its gotta be either dessert or chicken for me (yea.. i love my chicken...and prawns too)
Given that P isnt a big fan of prawns, and I had some chicken handy, I decided to throw a few ingredients together and dish up a delicious, tender and oh sooo flavorful Chicken Tikka for brunch today..

Make this, anytime you wish. It takes barely anytime..is simple ans easy enough for a mid week meal..yummy yum yum enough for the upcoming party season and an absolute must in Indian cooking...esp in the chicken and appetizers category!

Also bringing this perfect Sunday brunch item to my wonderful talented foodie friends at the Friday Fiesta! Hope u ladies have had a great weekend too...

http://thenovicegardener.wordpress.com/ http://foodieonboard.com/ http://alongthegrapevine.wordpress.com/
A fool proof Chicken Tikka...


Ingredients: 
350 gm chicken Boneless
25 gm Curd
30 ml Lemon juice
1tbsp Degi mirch
Salt
1/2tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp Chat masala
1/2 tsp Meat masala
1/2 tsp Zeera powder
1 tsp Ginger paste
1 tspGarlic paste
1 tsp Kasturi methi
pinch Black salt
Melted butter for basting
3 tsp gm Pickle paste (as per taste, adjust)
1 tbsp Malt Vinegar
Mustard oil 1 tbsp



Instructions:
Wash the boneless chicken pieces thoroughly and pat dry.
First Marination- Apply ginger –garlic paste , lemon juice and salt to chicken pieces . Rub well and keep aside for about 1 hour.
Second marination- In a bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients with curd .
Take a skewer and skew the marinated chicken pieces.
Preheat oven at 350 degree c.
Roast in the oven for 7 minutes.
Remove from the oven hang the skewer for two to three minutes to drain off excess moisture.
Baste with melted butter and roast for another 3-4 minutes.
Transfer to a plate and serve hot with mint chutney.

PS: Sry abt the missing story... Kinda rushed for now! But the chicken tikkas are amazing..even without my spicy delectable steeped in memory recipe...Promise!!

Love,
a Teekhi yet Meethi,
S;)



This is how we do the moon pooja...!Pic taken from google.com