Tandoori Prawns...


Someone once told me on a forum that I must really love food, and the people in my life to be cooking so much ,on such a regular basis!!
I don't what to say, except that he got me...he got where I came from... what and why I was doing , what I was doing... cooking up a storm that is!!
I have got calls and adulations on many FB forums for my food, but none had pinpointed that. 
I cook coz I love food. ..Good food. Which is why you wont see me cooking regular fare much...I mean..come one!! 

Wouldn't you much rather cook and eat the food that you like..food that you have always wanted to try out..food that would make others salivate that looking at it?? I know I do. 
And I love prawns...Big juicy fresh prawns... I am gonna put it down to my rather delicious upbringing where non vegetarian food was the norm rather than the exception..and I grew up on a staple diet of eggs, chicken, mutton , fish and prawns... (well, there were a few crabs thrown in here and there too)!!

So, imagine my happiness at getting reallly ...i mean REALLY fresh prawns one day!!
I knew I simply had to make something utterly ridiculously easy and tasty with it... 
I love prawns in coconut curry too, but that particular i was in mood for curries..and I wanted to get those prawns in me, fast...fast..fast!!


So, tandoori prawns!!

Grilled till succulent and perfect in a mouth watering spicy yoghurt marinade with timely basting of chillie garlic butter.... Yum yum yum!!
Lets talk Prawns today....


Bringing this to a few parties.... First to the Fiesta Fridays hostess, the " amazing Angie" as I think of her...she is the author of ths fabulous blog http://thenovicegardener.wordpress.com/.If you thought Halloween can only be spooky, click on her blog link to see the prettiest spider webs ever!!! Promise!!
And to the other famously talented gals Jhuls at http://thenotsocreativecook.wordpress.com/ and read about personal triumph over a bad phase of life in a heart warming post and enjoy some delicious black and white cookies over a cuppa coffee with your friends...and then hop on to another wonderful blogger  Margy @La Petite Casserole....Though I am yet to get in touch with her, I have been a silent observer and admirer since long..and totally love love adore her posts!! Margy here's hoping to get acquainted with you through my simple but gobsmackingly delicious Prawns!

I am also bringing this to another fave group of party gals at the #FoodieFridays!!
I dont know what to say about the team there, except that they are all simply phenomenal.. Michelle Nahom is simply Ah-Ma-Zing!!! Love you Mich.. you help out little starters like me, and give a shout out and I love that about you!! Not to mention your blog posts are simply beautiful...  :) SO glad to be a part of this fab group....http://www.adishofdailylife.com/ Hop over to her blog immediately !!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
16 jumbo prawns, shelled and deveined
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon Kashmiri chille powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon white pepper

How to:
Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic and ginger. Place prawns in a shallow baking dish and cover with the marinade. Let sit 15 minutes. Drain and pat the prawns dry.
Mix together all other ingredients. Place prawns back in the baking dish and cover with the marinade. 
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Put on a baking tray or skewers and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile also make a chillie garlic butter and baste the prawns with it twice while grilling... 
Remove, give a final glaze if desired...and serve with mint chutney and a creamy onion relish...

Love,
http://thenovicegardener.wordpress.com/

Labels: , ,