Devilled Eggs with chicken tikka and smoked paprika....



What came first?? 
The Egg or the Chicken??
 Now that is an age old question that even Socrates couldn't have figured the answer to without having an iota of doubt... !!
What do you think? What came first??
Are you an egg person or the chicken kind??
I know what I am.... although anyone who knows me will tell you that I am anything but "chicken"
I am rather partial to the mother of the egg.... the chicken that is.
In fact, I might be one of those who belong to the minority group of people who cant stand eggs.
There!! I said it... Go ahead and judge me!!



Yes, You heard me right... I hate eggs.. okay, not hate may be ... but I definitely would never choose to eat eggs if I had any other option... even if it was a veggie option, and that just goes to show my true feelings for the humble oval Mr. Humpty Dumpty better than anything I can say.. doesn't it??
I do love them in the form of French toasts..especially since I make an utterly delectable one with cinnamon and chocolate..and sometimes even marshmallows sandwiched in them!! Another dish I enjoy is the Spanish Omlette...or even a perfectly baked Shakshukka...with creamed spinach and tons of other goodies..

But Boiled eggs??? Sunny Side up?? Egg bhurji?? Poached eggs??
Yowzaaa.....I am running towards my jar of Nutella and Bread for a nice chocolatey dinner!!! Thank you very much.
So anyways coming to the point, the day I made these, heck, lemme confess up here, even ate one of these, was the day P literally looked on in shock...and actually recorded my tasting it...just like parents do of babies tasting limes for the first time..!!!
I took one gingerly bite first...felt a little weird at the taste of egg white..Almost put it down....But P "egged" me on....go on he said... it gets better.... and I closed my eyes, and took a bigger one with the yolk and the chicken..and man..... I didn't want to open my eyes!!
The yolks tasted anything but eggy..they were light ...flavourful coz of the mayo and greek yoghurt and tangy from the mustard... the chicken tikka was simply phenomenal...and even the egg white didn't seem bland now coz of the final touch of smoked paprika on it!!
Yes, it converted me...in bits to an egg lover....nah..egg liker.

Try this version...quite a normal thing to do during Christmas and Thanksgiving.... and if you are from a convent like me, you know Thanksgiving and Eggs are one tradition you just cant let go of...its as tied up together in a silken thread as are Christmas Carols and me singing in the school choir .....



Ingredients:


Hard Boiled Eggs : 4
Mayonnaise 2 Tbsp (the good stuff, not low fat,plssss)
Greek Yoghurt - 2 tbsp
Dijon Mustard - 1 tbsp
Salt and Pepper as per taste
Smoked Paprika- 1/4 tsp
Chicken Tikkas, chopped into bits - 3-4 pieces
Chopped Green chillies - 1
Chopped Parsley 1 tbsp.

How to:
Start by boiling the eggs:
Take a pan of water and slowly sink the eggs in it. Put in on a high flame till it reaches a rolling boil.
Once boiling vigorously, switch off the gas, Cover the pan with a lid and let it remain on the countertop for 15 minutes or so.
Once times up, rinse under cold water,tap against the counter top and peel carefully.
Let it cool down a bit before slicing it. Slice it and keep the yolks aside. Cover the egg whites.

Make the filling :
In a bowl , take the removed yolks from the boiled eggs... Smash them with a fork till absolutely smooth...add the mustard, greek yoghurt and mayo, salt and pepper and mix till creamy and everything seems incorporated well. Taste, adjust seasoning or sauce according to taste..For eg: I almost always need a little bit more salt,pepper and mustard..
Put it in the fridge to cool for a couple of hours.

Assembly:
When ready to serve, place the whites on a platter...
using a piping bag , pipe on the creamy yolk filling on to the eggs,
add a few chicken tikka bits on top...
Finish with a sprinkling of smoked paprika...some chopped green chillies and parsley!!
Serve up!
PS: Find the Chicken tikka recipe right here
http://lapetitchef.blogspot.in/2014/10/chicken-tikka.html

Bringing this to a few parties.... First to the Fiesta Fridays hostess, the " amazing Angie" as I think of her...she is the author of ths fabulous blog http://thenovicegardener.wordpress.com/.If you thought Halloween can only be spooky, click on her blog link to see the prettiest spider webs ever!!! Promise!!
And to the other famously talented gals Jhuls at http://thenotsocreativecook.wordpress.com/ and read about personal triumph over a bad phase of life in a heart warming post and enjoy some delicious black and white cookies over a cuppa coffee with your friends...and then hop on to another wonderful blogger  Margy @La Petite Casserole....Though I am yet to get in touch with her, I have been a silent observer and admirer since long..and totally love love adore her posts!! Margy here's hoping to get acquainted with you through my simple but gobsmackingly delicious Prawns!

I am also bringing this to another fave group of party gals at the #FoodieFridays!!
I dont know what to say about the team there, except that they are all simply phenomenal.. Michelle Nahom is simply Ah-Ma-Zing!!! Love you Mich.. you help out little starters like me, and give a shout out and I love that about you!! Not to mention your blog posts are simply beautiful...  :) SO glad to be a part of this fab group....http://www.adishofdailylife.com/ Hop over to her blog immediately !!
Here's to liking new things....
Love,
S :)










Labels: , , , , , , ,