Drunken Chicken Marsala


Yes, you heard it right.
Tonight for dinner,lets go get that chicken drunk, Later on you can swap places with the poultry :P 
Few weeks ago I was gifted with a gorgeous bottle of Marsala wine by someone really close to me... Needless to say I wanted to do something rather special and delicious with it, other than guzzle it like a pigheaded bozo!!
No No..I don't guzzle my vino..  I sip it. Not. :P :P



So anyways after a lot of mulling over and thinking of desserts to make with it, I finally found the perfect solution to my questions. 
I decided to make the Drunken Chicken Marsala ... Now I make this dish at home a lot..but most of the time I use red wine .. This time though, the lucky girl that I had suddenly become in 2015, decided to use the amazingly flavourful Marsala!!
A bottle of marsala is so many of other gorgeous things all at once...

On that note...Did I officially wish y'all a Happy new year? No???
Silly Little me..It must be all the marsala I am sure... 

Anyways wishing everyone a table laden with sumptuous food and drink,best of health and luck,.amazing friends and a loving happy family!
Cheers to making new friends and keeping the old ones close!

Seems like 2015 is going to be the year of the chicken for me...First the ever-favorite Butter Chicken, then the awesome Chicken Biriyani..and now this...and I am sure tomorrow will be something else...You get my point....The year of the chicken is here. ;)



Did I share this secret with you yet ? No???
Well.. I am about to give you the best kept secret of the Singh casa..Bring out your little black book and note it down..then keep it in your locker and throw the keys away..coz this one is a keeper. 
This is just a winning savory little number right here. It’s simple. It’s quick. It tastes like heaven. It’s adaptable, except for the part with the butter and garlic. Don’t touch it.




I have adapted the Marsala sauce recipe from the simply amazing blog Pinchofyum authored by the super adorable and uber talented duo Lindsay and Bjork!
If you haven't yet visited their site, you are missing out on a lot....Check it out immediately...like as if your life depended on it...I know mine does :P 
http://pinchofyum.com/
Linday I have to thank you for bringing this Ah-mazing Marsala sauce into my life!! I don't think I will be getting my chicken drunk with just red wine anymore :P:D

Although her recipe is simply fabulous, I did make changes to the way the chicken is cooked..and omitted the shrooms in favor of bell peppers (Daddylonglegs P isn't fond of shrooms, Can you believe what I have to put up with)!! Life..I tell ya!! :D
I also made a few additions to the sauce to suit our taste..but overall the concept is all thanks to Lindsay!

Anyways my version was soo dang delicious that even I didn't miss the shrooms to be honest!! 
Do give this one a try... Its really fast and easy...takes a mere 20 minutes except for the marination time...
Serve with some delicious pasta , Garlic bread and a small green salad for a perfectly mouthwateringly scrumptious mid week dinner!

I will also be taking this to fabulous Angie and her Friday fiestas..Pop over to her awesome blog www.thenovicegardener.wordpress.com ASAP!!
And how can I not take this chance to wish the ever helpful and oh so friendly Michelle of www.adishofdailylife.com?
Wishing everyone at these awesome blog parties a fabulous year ahead! 
Lets grow together...and spread the food love <3<3<3



RECIPE:
INGREDIENTS:
For the Sauce :
  • 1 red bell pepper/ 1 green pepper, diced into 1 inch chunks.
  • 1 red onion, sliced
  • 3 tablespoons herb garlic butter, divided
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup dry Marsala wine
  • brown sugar 1 tbsp
  • red chillie flakes 1 tbsp
  • lemon juice of half a lemon
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoon cold water
  • 2 tablespoons heavy cream
  • ½ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes
  • fresh parsley

For the Marination: 
  • 250 gms Chicken breast, diced into cubes. 
  • Olive oil 2-3 tbsp
  • Lemon juice 1 tsp
  • Lemon Zest 1/2 tsp-1 tsp
  • Garlic clove - 4 minced.
  • Parsley and mint leaves, chopped fine 1/2 cup
  • Salt as per taste
  • Black pepper.. a few grinds.
  • Red Chillie flakes - 1 tsp or acc to taste
  • Oregano 1 tsp
INSTRUCTIONS:
For the Chicken: 
  • Start by marinating the chicken pieces a good 4 hours before the dinner time. 
  • To marinade, wash and dry the chicken pieces.
  • Then mix all the ingredients under marination and rub well on the chicken. Leave covered in the fridge for 4 hrs or more. 
  • When ready, bring the chicken to room temperature on the counter. 
  • Heat a skillet. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and some butter. 
  • When smoking hot, add the chicken pieces in a single layer. Make sure you don't turn or touch them immd. 
  • Let it brown on one side for 2-3 mins.
  • Turn and cook the other side for 5 mins. 
  • Chicken should be done in 6-7 mins. Take it off heat.
For the Sauce:
  • Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a medium or large saucepan over medium heat.
  • Add the minced garlic and saute till golden. Dont let it burn.
  • Add the onions and saute on low heat for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
  • Add the bell peppers and saute for 2-3 mins.
  • Add the wine - let the mixture simmer gently to reduce the wine, stirring occasionally.
  • After 10-15 minutes, add the cornstarch, cream, and salt to the marsala mixture - it should start to thicken slightly.
  • Add the brown sugar, chillie flakes, lemon juice and pepper. Taste and adjust. 
  • Add the chicken to the skillet.
  • Top with tomatoes and simmer for 5-7 mins until the tomatoes have softened. 
  • Serve with a sprinkling of  fresh parsley.
Love,
S :)  

Labels: , , ,