Home Made Salsa...with Nachos




Modern Family. Game of Thrones. Mad Men. Downton Abbey. Big Bang Theory. Breaking Bad. And FRIENDS,yes even today! 





I love marathons...especially when it involves a mad marathon of watching your fave sitcoms, with your fave person in the whole world, could be your best mate or your spouse..its a toss up really! Luckily for me, I got the Chandler to my Monica long back :)


Gone are those days when I used to party or go club hopping till the wee hrs..Honestly, now the only dancing I do is at weddings or even better, twirling my lil daughter around in my living room, in our PJs!! Yes..thats fun and bliss of a different kind that all mums will know..and agree with!
And moreover,who needs to go partying out, when you can move the party right into your bedroom! Right?? 


No.. No. I am not talking about "that" kind of party...U guys are so naughty!! :P :P 
I am talking about getting nachos, salsa, cheese dips..margaritas...the works right into your bed, as you snuggle with your love and tune in for a drama marathon..or even better a laugh riot!

Yes, You Most Certainly Have to Snack. Be good. and start thinking about what your gym instructor preached about snacking. Its good for you, after all he told you to snack every 2 hrs didn't he? 
And nothing can beat this easy, ready in a jiffy, or even better made earlier home made salsa. 
No preservatives. No big bucks spent on dips. Oh and did I mention its every bit as tasty as the restaurant ones, and so much healthier!

Give this home made salsa a shot and get ready for your movie marathon nights..

Ingredients: 

  • 1 can (400 gm) of crushed or diced tomatoes. You can use fresh romatoes too. Chop them up real fine.
  • 1 small red onion - chopped fine
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic -minced
  • Jalapeno Pepper - 2-3 tbsp chopped roughly ( I used bottled Jalapenos, you can use fresh too) 
  • 1/4 tsp Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp cumin powder
  • 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 cup freshly chopped coriander leaves
  • 1 tbsp of chopped mint leaves

Method: 

  • Place half the amount of tomatoes in a food processor or blender. 
  • Add all the other ingredients except the coriander and mint. 
  • Whizz until smooth.
  • Add the coriander and the remaining tomatoes and whizz to the desired consistency.I like mine a little chunky as compared to a smooth puree. Suit yourself. 
  • Now taste and adjust with more salt, sugar or lime juice.
  • Garnish with a few more sprinklings of coriander..and serve with Nachos, cheese dip and drinks!

Chef's Notes: 

  • The reason I am adding the tomatoes in two lots is coz I like my salsa to have some chunks of tomatoes. If you wish for a smooth puree, you can add the tomatoes all at once.
  • Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for three days.
  • Adjust the jalapenos acc to taste. I like mine Hot!
Happy Marathon Nights,
Love 
S :) 
www.thenovicegardener.wordpress.com

Bringing this super easy and delicious Salsa and Nachos for my friends here ar Fiesta Fridays! Hope you all had a good week... :) 

Labels: , ,