Chocolate lava cake with a Salted Caramel Surprise

Chocolate of all kinds seem to be calling out to me in their dangerously seductive tone..
And before I can stop myself, I ended up listening to the eggs in the fridge who ordered me to bake them( seriously) 
wink emoticon
Presenting the result of one such evening of sweet surrender. 
Oh what a wonderful surprise it was!! It is in fact ridiculously easy to make, and of the 11 times or so that I’ve made it since, it has never failed. Every time I make it, I almost expect it to fail and so I get really excited when I cut into it and the “molten” centre oozes out.
I think that’s partly why I love this. The thrill of anticipation. The element of danger (ok, not danger. The risk of failure!). The What if question about it... !

I made this with a caramel lava centre because the sight of caramel and chocolate pouring out of the cake when I cut into it makes me weak at the knees. It’s like all my favourite desserts rolled into one. Also the touch of saltiness from the salted caramel is a contrast to the rich chocolate and makes this perfect!

Recipe:
INGREDIENTS

METHOD: 

NOTES:








Labels: , , ,