Peach Lassi

 There it was.. 

peach lassi with mint

....The little produce stall right on the way to my house. As usual it beckoned me with its fresh produce..all myriad hues and glistening from water drops in that pinkish evening light. The sky had turned a brilliant salmon pink and the sun looked like a great big red orb, something that made me immediately think of certain round food..fruits in particularly. 
As I pulled over to buy the usual pantry supplies of spinach, ripe tomatoes garlic, my eyes found themselves drawn to something else. 


There it was..
The glistening, glowing orbs of juicy delight that looked like they had the sunshine trapped in the heart of them! 
How could I resist them??  How can anyone??? 
I moved in a daze to the pile of delicately placed golden blushing peaches and my hand reached towards one of their own accord.
I felt it , inhaled it and was smacked in the head with the heady aroma of the fruit..
It was almost like the spring of my imagination had turned into reality and come to tease my senses..all the way. 

Without a second thought I bought a kilo of these beautiful sunshiny summery juicy peaches and happily forgot the healthy spinach I was supposed to buy ;) 


It tends to have that effect on you. If you are a foodie like me. 
(which I assume you are since you are here..on my foodie page, listening to be ramble on about some peaches) ;) 

On the note of love, these flowers were a gift from P one random evening..and the other two rose, from my garden! Aren't they pretty?? 
Aren't random surprise just the best??? 


Once I reached the seclusion of my lovely little kitchen...the tranquility of the evening took over me..as did the hectic workload. I felt the need to break free from everything.. 

Sometimes the world looks better when you're looking at it with a rose tinted glasses..
But that evening, I swapped the rose for a delicious and healthy peach,... And guess what? 
A peach colored world isn't too bad either!


Infact it was downright delicious, fresh and Oh so what I needed to celebrate the end of a rather hectic, whale of a day!

With the spring and these sunlit juicy fruits upon us, there is really no reason for you to not try these, unless of course you don't like spring. 

Light, refreshingly so...
Fruity enough to flavour the cooling yoghurt, yet not so fruity that it feels like a smoothie..
Zesty from the hint of mint (Swear I am not trying to rhyme)!!
And so so perfect for Summer evenings!

Make these, won't you?? 
Soon. 
Promise? 


PS: Lassi isn't supposed to be too thick. Its a light drink..so please stick to the measurements given below. You can of course add a bit more of either water or yoghurt depending on your personal preference, but this is how we love it, in all our lassis.
And trust me, I make a lot of these cooling yoghurty healthy things in glasses called "lassi"! 

I am so happy about this, that I have been impatiently waiting for Friday to arrive so that I can help my friends at Fiesta Friday relax and rejuvenate after a tiring week...Try this simple 5 minute beverage and take a sip of the taste of India!! 
I hope you will love it as much as we do..  Happy partying ladies!! :) 
RECIPE:

Ingredients:
Method:

Labels: , , , , , ,