Pasta in Tomato cream sauce...Le farfelle al creme` pomodoro :


Do you believe in after life or past life? Do you believe in the mystical powers of  "Karma" ? Or for that matter do you believe that cats have nine lives? 
You do!!!??
Its amazing how you and I are so synced in our thoughts... Well , I was a non believer... But the reason I have converted lately is because I am certain I was Italian in my past life...must have been God Father.. you never know  ;)
I am NOT kidding. I love Italy...and everything Italian.. If I could, I would go live there...and I ask you what is not to love!!
Here is a list of things i would do there...and live Oh so happily ever after!!
However, till I get to live my dream life in Italy, I placated myself by making the most scrumptious and easy pasta you will ever taste.... 
Yes, It is Magnifico!! There is simply no other word for it. Presenting Le farfelle al creme` pomodoro :

Here's what you need to do : 
 

Ingredients: 

Preparation Instructions:

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so. Pour in tomato puree and add salt, pepper, oregano, chillie flakes and sugar to taste. Stir and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in cream. Add cheese to taste, then check seasonings. Stir in pasta and chopped basil , top with cheese shavings and serve immediately. (Thin with pasta water before adding basil if needed.)